The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is looking for Adaptation Team Leader candidates to support a USAID funded climate adaptation and mitigation project in Vietnam. Specifically, this position will support the project goal of increasing resilience of people, places and livelihoods in delta areas through assistance for adaptation and disaster risk management. The Team Leader will provide technical expertise and leadership on program activities related to adaptation.
We are especially interested in candidates who have achieved positive program impacts and have demonstrated creative and adaptive program management in challenging environments.
Ideal candidates will have senior-level management experience in Southeast Asia, particularly Vietnam, related to adaptation. ISC seeks candidates with a proven track record of designing, implementing, and directing international programs that present innovative approaches to problem solving.
ISC is an innovative, international development organization that has successfully worked for over 20 years to give citizens and the organizations that support them the tools, skills, and resources they need to improve lives and build a more peaceful, stable world. Our current areas of programmatic growth include strengthening democratic institutions and citizenship in transition countries; helping communities in the U.S. and Asia become more resource efficient and transition to low-carbon economy; and supporting sustainable community development – particularly in areas recovering from natural disasters or that are vulnerable to climate disruption. Founded by Madeleine M. Kunin in 1991, ISC is based in beautiful, picturesque Vermont, a state that values grassroots democracy and environmental stewardship. ISC has an office in Washington, DC, and international offices in China and Serbia.
- Required: A minimum of 10 years professional experience in managing international development activities in the forest, land use, agriculture, fisheries, or disaster risk reduction, of which at least five years must have involved climate change adaptation. Preferred: Work experience in Southeast Asia, particularly Vietnam.
- Required: At least a Master’s level degree in international development, forestry, natural resource economics or social sciences, agriculture, fisheries, hydrology, or other related field. Preferred: Ph.D.-level degree in one of these fields.
- Required: Extensive senior level professional program management experience in the areas of policy reform, government engagement, and technical analyses.
- Required: Proven high level of expertise in forestry, natural resources, land use, agriculture, fisheries, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, or other areas related to these topics.
- Required: Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English, sound project management experience, and experience working with government institutions, NGOs, private sector, and local communities.
Tag This Document