Handicap International is an independent international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in 60 countries, HI's action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Based in Manila with regular travels within the country, the Project Manager will work under the management of the Handicap International National Operational Manager. The Project Manager is overall responsible for successful planning, implementation, monitoring of progress, project budget, team management and building strong partnership with Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) stakeholders and service providers. Particularly, the Project Manager guarantees inclusive approach and mainstreaming of disability issues into community based DRR development programming of partners, local authorities and civil society organization. This will involve close liaison with the coordination team in Manila as well as Handicap International’s other project teams.
Handicap International is currently looking for its Inclusive Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Project Manager, National Capital Region
- Overall project and team management
- Administrative and reporting to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Facilitation and co-ordination of planned activities
- Link with partners, local authorities and civil society organizations
- Advocacy and public awareness-raising
- Master Degree in Project Management, Social Development, Humanitarian, Disability Studies or related field
- Excellent professional experiences in the field of Community based Disaster Risk Reduction
- At least 5 years experience in project management and excellent knowledge in project management cycle
- Experience in working in consortium/partnership projects with I/NGO is a must.
- Good knowledge in Philippines decentralization process, DRR and disability
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Analytic, organized, creative and self motivated
- Strong computer and communication skills
Tag This Document