The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises.
The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Manager for a Livelihood and Community Mobilization Project in Sindh Province.
• Implement and – where necessary - modify a long-term Livelihood & Community Development Project
• Coordinate project activities and requirements with other GRC projects in Sindh
• Identification of needs in terms of livelihood improvement and community empowerment in cooperation with PRCS, GRC and local communities
• Development of an appropriate M&E system and regular follow up
• Develop appropriate activities to increase the communities’ resilience in livelihood against climate change and natural disasters through intensive dialogue with the communities, Pakistan Red Crescent Society, local authorities and other GRC projects in Sindh Province
• Comprehensive Project Management including finance and administration
• Ensure involvement and coordination amongst all relevant stakeholders
• Identification of needs in terms of consumables and supplies, infrastructure, HR, trainings, etc.,
• Project documentation and regular financial as well as narrative reporting according to donor requirements
• Recruitment, training and management of staff (delegates, local staff, volunteers)
• University degree in a relevant field
• Profound working experience in the field of livelihood development and community empowerment (preferably in the region)
• Experience with donor-funded projects (e.g. ECHO, DIPECHO)
• Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E
• Report writing skills
• High negotiation skills
• Ability to train and guide local staff and community volunteers (e.g. project planning, M&E, agricultural practices)
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences.
• Ability to work, live and travel in an insecure environment, following strict security guidelines at all times
• Fluency in English; German would be an asset
• Identification with the principles of the RC/RC Movement
• Certified ability to work under tropical conditions (medical check)
This is a non-family posting with a contract duration of 12 months initially, with possible extension.
GRC offers the delegates comprehensive training, briefing and medical check-up prior and after mission. During mission it provides a full insurance package and benefits. Compensation is according to GRC’s internal tariff system.
Tag This Document