Background & rationale
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) was established in 1986 to support the advancement of safer communities and sustainable development, through implementing programs that reduce the impact of disasters upon countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific.
ADPC is recognized as the premier regional resources center for disaster risk reduction (DRR) and over the past 25 years, ADPC has collected a considerable amount of DRR knowledge and best practices from the region under the various projects and programs. The ITCU has been playing the important role of disseminating these best practices and knowledge to our partners in the region as part of ADPC Core Principles. We are looking for a Communication Specialist to join our team that will further strengthen the work we are doing in the region.
Duties and responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will support the management on the following issues:
ADPC governance related functions
• Organizing meetings such as Board of Trustee, Steering Committee, Executive Committee, Development Partner forum and documentation of proceedings.
• Assistance to ADPC management related functions.
• Keeping record notes on Executive Committee meetings
• Organize briefings on ADPC activities, ADPC strategy 2020 etc with external parties visiting ADPC
• Coordination of External relations (correspondence with external organizations, arrangements for MOUs/partnership arrangements etc)
Managing ADPC outreach activities
• Implementation of media and communication strategy(This should be developed and submitted to EX.COM. for approval)
• Issue of quarterly newsletter - Asian Disaster Management News(all related functions from collection of articles to publication of the newsletter)
• Development of ADPC annual report
• Compilation of Monthly activity reports
• Organize media events and other ADPC event management
Documentation for capturing the project related experience and dissemination
• Development of case studies
• Development of ADPC publications(such as strategy document)
• Assist thematic Departments in documentation of project experience
• Assist in gender related interventions, interventions related to most vulnerable segments such as aged, people with disabilities, etc
• Organization of discussion forums
And other tasks assigned by the Manager of ITCU
Required qualifications / selection criteria:
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree in a Disaster Management or Information Technology or Communications or related subject.
• Minimum 5 years of experience
• Excellent research skills and skills in documentation and report writing.
• A high level of computer literacy and excellent English.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• A positive and flexible attitude to work.
• Experience writing project proposals.
• Experience managing the content of a website.
• Experience working in the Asia Pacific region.
This is essentially a desk-based role which may include some international travel.
One year contract will be given with possibility of extension base the performance of the candidate and the availability of funds
Tag This Document