CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF International is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the proposed USAID-funded Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands – Improving Resilience (REGAL-IR) program in Kenya. This 5 year program aims to reduce hunger and poverty, increase social stability and build strong foundations for economic growth by strengthening social, economic and environmental resilience in pastoral and transitioning communities in Kenya’s arid lands. Program objectives include: increasing livelihood opportunities, advancing livestock value chain inclusiveness, improving the management and productivity of natural resources, managing and resolving conflicts, building the capacities of communities and local institutions to anticipate and mitigate the impacts of drought, and improving nutrition at the household level.
The COP will provide strategic vision and leadership for the program in order to achieve program goals and objectives, including managing the program implementation plan, reporting, analyzing budgets, managing offices and staff, and ensuring transparency and the accomplishment of program objectives. The COP will manage coordination mechanisms with relevant stakeholders, serves as the key liaison with USAID, HQ, government officials, the private sector, local and international NGOs, implementing partners, and community members.
• Master’s degree in international development, livestock, environment, economic development, agriculture or related field of study
• Minimum of 5 years experience managing large, multi-year donor-funded sustainable livelihoods development; prior COP, DCOP or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of 10 years technical experience in one or more of the following areas: livelihoods development, food security, livestock development, pastoralist livelihoods, natural resource management, conflict resolution
• Experience with climate change and/or health programming a plus
• Prior experience in Kenya or the Horn of Africa required
• Prior experience working with pastoralist communities strongly preferred
• Fluency in English required (written and spoken).
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with governmental officials and leaders at national and local levels, local NGO and community organizations, and donor community.
• In-depth knowledge of USAID programmatic, compliance and reporting requirements.
Tag This Document