This position is contingent upon funding
Pact seeks an Adaptation Team Leader for a five-year USAID-funded climate change adaptation and mitigation program in Vietnam to accelerate Vietnam’s transition to climate resilient, low emissions development. Objectives will focus on supporting adoption of land use practices that slow, stop and reverse emissions from deforestation and degradation of forests and other landscapes and increasing resilience of people, places and livelihoods in delta areas through assistance for adaption and disaster risk management. The Adaptation Team Leader will be responsible for technical leadership and implementation of activities related to increasing resilience of people, places and livelihoods in delta areas. The Adaptation Team Leader will be responsible for oversight of staff implementing adaptation and mitigation focused activities, have technical vision, and liaise with the government of Vietnam. Key responsibilities for the Adaptation Team Leader position include the following:
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Lead technical vision on climate change adaptation and mitigation activities to increase resilience of people, places, and livelihoods.
• Coordinate technical activities and provide direction, feedback and support to ensure success; as applicable, supervise a local program team in its day-to-day operations
• Provide input into and assure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist implementing partners/grantees in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner
• Develop and manage Pact’s local climate change adaptation and mitigation technical training activities
• Ensure effective coordination and communication between the technical team and other organizational departments
• Ensure high-quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of Pact and donor resources
• Ensure provision of management support and technical assistance to grantees on program design, budget/work plan development, program implementation and monitoring and evaluation
• Represent Pact, as requested, in interactions with donors and partners
• As applicable, conduct and coordinate provision of regular monitoring visits to grantee programs; review and provide feedback on grantee performance reports and oversee the development of consolidated reports to donors
• Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested
• Collaborate in providing information and reports to Pact headquarters and in investigating new funding opportunities
• Ensure that the most up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives are shared via a range of mechanisms: including reports, newsletters, and the Internet.
• Represent Pact at conferences, agencies, meetings and other forums
• Participate in relevant organizational and external Communities of Practice
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Required minimum of 10 years of professional experience in managing international development activities in the forest, land use, agriculture, fisheries, and/or disaster risk reduction sectors. A minimum of 5 years of this experience should be in climate change adaptation.
• Required to possess a Master’s level degree in international development, forestry, natural resource economics, or social sciences, agriculture, fisheries, hydrology, or other related field. Preference for PhD level experience.
• Required extensive senior level expertise in forestry, natural resources, land use, agriculture, fisheries, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, or other related areas.
• Required fluency in English and strong communication skills.
• Strong preference for work experience in Southeast Asia and/or Vietnam.
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated experience working with government institutions, NGOs, private sector and local communities.
• Demonstrated experience supervising, managing and developing staff.
• Preference for practical knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
Tag This Document