Job Opening number : 12-ADM-UNISDR-23248-R-INCHEON CITY (X)
Org. setting and reporting
The position is located in the UNISDR Global Training Institute in Incheon. The incumbent will report to the Chief of UNISDR Office for Northeast Asia at Incheon and under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, is required to perform the following functions:
Processing of various administrative documents for action by admin service providers:
• Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
• Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports
• Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff; review of requests to extend travel documents such as UNLP's and UN travel certificates.
• Consolidates budget data received and provides support through analysis to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews of relevant partners. Monitors and reviews status of expenditures and allotments through IMIS, records variations, updates budget tables, and ensures adherence to approved budgets and reporting requirements.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure
- correct objects of expenditure have been charged and
- availability of funds.
• Audits the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN; and processes payments requests, verifying for correctness the charge codes.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required, e.g., operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors, consultants and individual contractors for services.
• Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit. Updates and maintains distribution lists for reports and various reference materials.
• Distributes various reading material where possible electronically, handles arrangement for printing and translation as is necessary, coordinates the shipping arrangements and courier services ensuring that waybills.
• Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
• Maintains payment roster for workshop participants if required.
• May provide some specialized support to unit (e.g. technology support, editing, desktop publishing, distributing background papers and agenda etc.). Provides secretarial support during meetings and conferences.
Processing of communications:
• Responds or drafts responses to a wide range of correspondence, memorandums, invitations etc and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
• Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from reports, work-plan, studies, briefings, meetings or conferences.
• Carries out quality control function for outgoing documents; proofreads and edits texts for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style.
• Manages, updates and further develops internal databases; updates website by scanning, converting and posting a variety of documents on to the UNISDR Incheon webpage; generates a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports including work-orders and different statistical reports from various databases.
• Receives and screens phone calls and visitors as is necessary ensuring that inquiries are routed to the responsible staff member.
• Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., programme monitoring, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
• Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Uses time efficiently
• Complete High School education is required. First level university degree in business administration, or a related field is desirable. Must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locallyadministered test at Offices Away.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services, finance, technical cooperation planning and/or implementation is required. Experience within the UN system is an advantage
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage. Knowledge of Korean is an asset.
• A competency based interview and/or assessment is required for this Job Opening
This is the UNISDR post located at the UN ISDR Office in Incheon, Republic of Korea. Appointment against this post is on a local basis; candidates shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of the UNISDR office in Incheon, irrespective of nationality and length of time the candidate may have been in the country. If no suitable candidate is identified, overseas candidates will be considered subject to a passing grade on the relevant entry-level examinations at the duty station. The candidate is responsible for any expenses incurred in order to take examination and, in the event of an employment offer, any costs relating to travel and relocation to the duty station.
Tag This Document