Overseas Development Institute (ODI) Research and Policy in Development (RAPID) Programme is seeking a Research Officer to support the AusAid-funded impact-evaluation methods lab. You will work closely with the Research Fellow responsible for evaluation and impact assessment, to identify, develop and test cost-effective and widely replicable approaches to impact evaluation. You will also be responsible for managing the knowledge resources produced by the lab and will contribute to the uptake and use of the outputs. The work will involve providing support to other partners in the methods lab as well as other programmes within ODI on issues of evidence-based policy, monitoring and impact evaluation.
Recent programme highlights include:
• studies of the political economy of knowledge use in Indonesia, Cambodia, The Philippines and Vietnam
• conducting impact evaluations of the UN World Food Programme’s Food for Work for Disaster Risk Reduction interventions
• a programme of support on measuring policy impact and communications and policy engagement support for 3ie impact evaluation grantholders
• supporting the IDRC-funded Outcome Mapping learning community and evidence-based policy in development network.
The successful candidate will have:
• a degree and postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline
• strong background and experience related to impact-evaluation methods relevant to the practice of evidence-based policy approaches (in particular quantitative but also qualitative and inter-disciplinary etc)
• active knowledge of key issues and organisations in international development especially around the interface between impact evaluation and policy and practice
• experience in international policy development research environment, ie policy-orientated research, demonstrated by publications and reports
• practical understanding of undertaking project and programme evaluations and impact assessments
• experience in producing research outputs in a short period of time and for different audiences
• strong analytical skills, writing, presentation and networking skills
• multi-tasking skills and strong organisational skills
• the ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
Tag This Document