United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Asia-Pacific Regional Centre invites applications from suitable candidates to organize a Regional Training Workshop on Economic Recovery. The main objective of the workshop is to enhance practitioners’ skills in developing and implementing economic recovery incorporating gender sensitive, conflict sensitive and disaster risk reduction principles.
The consultant would:
• design and develop training course materials to support economic recovery in post-crisis contexts
• lead the organization of a Regional Training Workshop on Economic Recovery during 18-22 June 2012 (tentatively) in Bangkok
• prepare a guidance note on income stabilization and sustainable economic recovery in the Asia-Pacific region. The consultant will work under direct supervision of Regional Disaster Reduction Advisor of UNDP Asia-Pacific Regional Centre.
Scope of work
Development of training course materials
• Conduct an exhaustive research and collect the relevant matenals regarding economic recovery:
- Review the workshop materials and workshop report of the Regional Practitioners’ Workshop held in Bangkok durIng 6-9 Dec 2011
- UNDP corporate materials on livelihoods and Economic Recovery
- UNDP COs materials (practices and expenences)
- Relevant materials from other agencies like ILO Involved in economic recovery programmes. This will include relevant documents, web sites and URLs.
• Following the recommendations of the Dec 2011 Economic Recovery workshop and In consuftation with the RDRA and RCPR team, draft a concept note and outline of training course curriculum on economic recovery
• Upon finalization of the training course curriculum outline, collect and collate relevant course materials for various modules
• Identify suitable resource persons for developing specific modules of the training cowse and put-together draft course materials based on the consuftations and discussions with resource persons, RDRA and RCPR team
• Wherever applicable and advised, identify and collate case studies on various aspects of economic recovery to provide examples of good practices.
Design and development of the training workshop
• Based on the agreed training course curriculum, draft a training course programme Identifying key resource persons and potential participants
• Provide rcessary support to resource persons and presenters in preparing for agreed workshop sessions and materials
• Ensure coherence and appropriate flow of topics, discussions and exercises in the training agenda
• Compile Participants’ Workbook prior to the training workshop
• Provide necessary guidelines and formats to all resource persons and presenters for the training workshop
• Prepare necessary training course announcements, invitation letters, logistics note and coordinate with participants and resource persons. All necessary logistics support for coordination will be provided by the RCPR team.
Organization of the training workshop
• Ensure that most updated agenda Is shared with all and necessary workshop materials (reference materials, participants’ guide, etc.) are available to all participants
• Facilitate presentations and provide necessary support of conduct of exercises, if any
• Organize and conduct a workshop evaluation
• Serve as recorder of workshop proceedings, group outputs and facilitator’s synthesis.
After the workshop
• Prepare a workshop report capturing the presentations and discussions during the workshop and identifying areas where the future training workshop needs improvements and! or changes
• Update and consolidate all workshop materials into a standard” training package after the workshop that can be used in the future to deliver training on economic recovery.
• A guidance note on Income stabilization and sustainable economic recovery In the in the Asia-Pacific region to be prepared (a 30-40 page document).
• Masters degree in Disaster Management, Environmental Science, Agriculture, Ecology, Environmental Law, Development, International Relations, Economics or similar field.
• 5 years experience in international development with emphasis on disaster management.
• Understanding of recovery issues in post-conflict and disaster situations and direct experience of working on at-least one recovery programmme In Asian region
• Understanding and experience of working with dsaster management training programmes and tods.
Knowledge and skills
• Excellent understanding of disaster nsk reduction pnnciples and concepts
• Excellent familiarity with the concepts of recovery
• Knowledgeable on the UN system’s work in disaster risk reduction.
• Good facilitation and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and writing skills In English
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Good Interpersonal skills and flexible attitude.
• Ability to liaise and work with people of different backgrounds and nationalities
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Intra-Internet, e-mail applications etc.
Tag This Document