Consulting services for flood risk assessment and identification of mitigation measures
The Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) has received financing from the World Bank towards Integrated Flood Management in the Pacific: Nadi Flood Pilot, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services. The services include:
• A review of the relevant available data sets (e.g. historical data on floods, topographic, hydro-meteorological and property data sets)
• Hydrological modelling and analysis of the Nadi River catchment to provide extreme flood flow hydrographs for the lower reaches of the river
• Constructing a hydrodynamic two dimensional (2D) river model of the lower reaches of the Nadi River and its associated floodplain
• Production of fluvial and pluvial flood hazard maps
• Assessment of the flood risk for the lower Nadi catchment
• Assessment of the effectiveness of a range of mitigation measures
The SPC Applied Geoscience and Technology Division (SOPAC) now invite eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures of Selection Based on the Consultant’s Qualifications (CQS) set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (dated May 2004, revised October 2006 and May 2010).
Tag This Document