Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.ardinc.com), a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified regional and local technical experts for an anticipated USAID-funded Coastal Community Adaptation Program (C-CAP). This 5-year program will focus on building the resiliency of vulnerable coastal communities in the Pacific region to withstand more intense and frequent weather events and ecosystem degradation in the short-term, and sea level rise in the long-term. Potential program activities will focus on communities in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Marshall Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Kiribati, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Federated States of Micronesia and Palau. Long and short-term opportunities are available. Local and regional candidates are encouraged to apply.
Positions and responsibilities
Community liaison specialist
• Work with communities to build local capacity
• Coordinate community mobilizers
• Provide technical leadership and guidance on small scale economic infrastructure activities
• Support the rehabilitation and improvement of existing infrastructure
Development & outreach coordinator
• Maintain, improve, and update project’s electronic and social media
• Produce and disseminate reports, studies, and other publications
• Graduate degree in coastal resource management, disaster risk reduction, climate change, engineering, or other related field;
• Minimum 7 years of technical experience in an appropriate field;
• Experience working on large donor funded projects; experience working with USAID projects preferred;
• Experience in the Pacific Islands required;
• Fluency in English required, local language preferred.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations—in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tag This Document