To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
To ensure Oxfam has the management, technical and logistical capacities to scale up and to rapidly respond to major humanitarian emergencies anywhere in the world.
To manage the implementation of Oxfam GB humanitarian and development projects in Haiti, in one operational area of Oxfam GB.
The Programme Manager (PM) manages the different projects that take place in geographical areas of Haiti. The focus of the projects is WASH, Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods as well as Governance and Protection. The work is supported by and co-ordinated through the area specific town halls, the UN co-ordination mechanisms and the Civil defence/Protection Civil units. DRR and gender are an integral part of all project activities. The PM is pivotal in assuring proper budget management, supported by the central financial unit/department. The PM may have office management tasks.
- Monitor humanitarian and development needs and issues in the programme areas.
- Organise and support the execution of programme activities
- Develop and maintain the operational relationships with local authorities and partners.
- Develop programme strategy, in line with the country strategy, in collaboration with the Humanitarian Programme Coordinator and the Development Technical Manager
- In conjunction with the support-area managers, assure that high quality standards are met.
- Manage efficiently and effectively the programme staff
- Ensure gender and diversity mainstreaming in all programming aspects and also integrate protection considerations into programming as far as possible.
- Keep track of progress in line with the area specific objectives.
- Report regularly to the Humanitarian Programme Manager
- Participate in the programme specific planning meetings (managers and co-ordinators)
- Provide ad hoc updates on situation as and when necessary.
- Assure implementation and follow-up of beneficiary accountability mechanisms.
Situation Analysis and Coordination
- In collaboration with the Oxfam GB teams, analyse the humanitarian and development contexts and report regularly and on a regular basis.
- Represent Oxfam GB with the local authorities, UN agencies, other NGOs and partners as appropriate, promoting information exchange, co-ordination and collaboration as appropriate.
- Monitor, assess, analyse security linked to the intervention.
- Assures that the security protocol is implemented and adhered to. Provide security incident reports as and when necessary.
- Assures that the security protocol is implemented and adhered to.
- Provide security incident reports as and when necessary
Skills and Competence
- Substantial experience in emergency and development work,in management positions.
- Experience in working with partners
- A proven record of effective management.
- Ability to live and work in stressful and insecure environments.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Good written and spoken French.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills.
- Previous experience as office manager
- Knowledge of issues relating to emergency programming, humanitarian law, community involvement and empowerment highly desirable.
- Some experience in integrated public health programme, food security and protection
- Creole is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and/or experience in conflict management, protection, or other related field.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Commitment to Oxfam's equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations.
- Experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into programmes.
Tag This Document