UNDP Uganda is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the above-mentioned post. The post duration is for a 3 months period (renewable upon successful performance). The successful candidate will work under the overall supervision of the Deputy Country Director, Programmes, and will report directly to the Assistant Resident Representative Poverty Reduction Programme. The post is Kampala based, but will involve some traveling within the Country.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to carry out the following tasks:
1. Provide technical and strategic assistance to the PMU and the overall project throughout the duration of the project, in particular for the climate profiling exercise, quality assurance for feasibility studies, quality assurance for community-based projects supported by the small grant scheme, development of project concepts for potential carbon financing, etc.
2. Liaise with the National Climate Change Committee through the National Climate Change Focal person and the Ministry of Environment to ensure the consistency with the national-level activities and the project activities in the Mbale region and to keep NCCFP informed the progress of the NAPA implementation in Mbale
3. Liaise with UNDP CO to ensure the consistency and synergies between the project and the UN Joint Programme on Climate Change in Uganda
4. Liaise with international partners together with UNDP CO to be informed about their strategy for support to Uganda and keep them informed about the progress in the Mbale region
5. Provide any other assistance/guidance as necessary to the PMU and to the Mbale Region during the project implementation
6. Provide Technical support to the development of the Climate Change Joint programme and the NHDR preparation process
7. Provide technical support to Government of Uganda and to the Climate Change Unit in particular on climate Change matters
8. Provide support to link UNDP with other development partner initiatives on climate change.
1. Technical knowledge of the implications of climate change on development, finance, environment and other relevant fields is critical.
2. At least 7 years of work experience preferable on climate change adaptation or mitigation.
3. Demonstrated solid knowledge and understanding on climate change adaptation, mitigation and development linkages
4. Demonstrated solid knowledge and experience in various carbon financing mechanisms.
5. Experienced in designing adaptation and/or mitigation projects.
6. Experience in resource mobilization and partnership development.
7. Experience of project management, preferably for UNDP, would be an asset.
8. Ability to deliver on-time.
9. Outstanding time-management, organizational and inter-personal skills.
10. Excellent negotiations and communication skills.
11. Fluency in written and spoken English.
12. Excellent drafting and reporting skills.
13. Excellent computer literacy.
Required skills and experience
Masters degree in environment, economics, development studies, or a closely related field.
Type of contract: SSA
Duration of initial contract: 3 months
Tag This Document