“From Thoughts to Action”– the motto of GRF Davos.
Through its various activities GRF Davos aims at serving as a centre of knowledge and know-how exchange for the application of contemporary risk management strategies, tools and practical solutions. GRF Davos aims at reducing vulnerability for all types of risks and disasters to protect life, property, environment, critical infrastructure and all means of business for the worldwide community on a sustainable basis.
- To bridge the gap between science and practice
- To promote the worldwide exchange of know-how and experience
- To target solutions and promote good practice in integrative risk management and climate change adaptation for an improved understanding, assessment and management of disasters and risks that affect human safety, security, health, the environment, critical infrastructures, the economy and society at large
- To provide and manage a network for decision-makers, practitioners and experts from politics, government, IGOs, business, science, NGOs, media and the public
- PEDRR-Partnership for Environment and Disaster Reduction
- Swiss NGO DRR Platform
- Making Cities Resilient Partner
- ECOSOC observer status
- UNFCCC observer status
- Harbin Alliance
- Nairobi work programme on impacts, vulnerability and adaptation to climate change (NWP)
GRF Davos provides through the IDRC conferences and workshops a multi-sectoral platform for disaster risk reduction e.g. practitioners and scientific experts from politics, government, IGOs, business, science, NGOs, media and the public.
GRF Davos undertakes risk analysis and assessments within the Integrative Risk Management approach. Focussing on all phases of the Disaster Risk Cycle, prevention, preparedness, intervention and recovery. GRF Davos supports early warning projects and consults their implementation.
The Risk Academy forms the knowledge sharing and know-how transfer instrument of GRF Davos. It is the Risk Academy’s primary focus to enable know-how transfer from science to practice as well as to the public. Disaster and risk management and climate change adaptation are lacking in applicable know-how. The Risk Academy will help bridge this gap by organizing various events, education courses, trainings, workshops etc.
GRF Davos fosters the usage of ecosystem based Disaster Risk Reduction approaches, promotes climate change adaptation techniques. GRF Davos is an ambassador to the ONE HEALTH approach promoting an integrated approach to public health, reflecting the interconnectedness of a larger ecological system.
GRF Davos is contributing towards the development of more effective risk communication strategies as well as the improvement of trainings for first responders and strategic crisis managers.
GRF Davos actively promotes the Making Cities Resilient Campaign supporting cities and communities to sign up to the MCR campaign. GRF Davos incorporates the Essentials of the MCR Campaign into its Training Courses in Risk Management and facilitates workshops on the MCR Handbook and the Local Government Self Assessment Tool.
General contact information
Last updated on 19 Jun 2013