The resolution considers that the following prevention measures should be the subject of priority support from the EU to the member states:
• Drafting and revising building safety and land use legislation
• Action to remedy situations conducive to future risks: restoring and protecting river basins, wetlands and related eco-systems
• Protecting and refurbishing inhabited areas, especially urban areas, that are particularly vulnerable to certain types of disasters, with the involvement of residents
• Maintaining and inspecting the safety of existing major infrastructures
• Sustaining the agricultural activity in areas affected by depopulation and subject to the risk of natural disasters, and contributing to the reintegration of human activity by creating infrastructures to enable those who live in such areas to remain on the territory.