University College London (UCL)
Graduates will be able to determine the vulnerability of ordinary and special structures to seismic actions; apply both current seismic codes and novel unconventional methodologies of seismic design, repair and assessment; and assess the adequacy, economic viability and life saving effectiveness of pre-event risk mitigation and post-event risk management solutions.
- Earthquake Seismology and Earthquake Hazard
- Structural Dynamics and Mitigation
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic Design
- Disaster Risk Management
- Seismic Risk Assessment
- Research Methods in Civil & Environmental Engineering
The programme is suitable for students from a civil engineering background. It aims to impart specialist earthquake engineering skills and an understanding of disaster risk reduction methodologies for careers in the engineering sector and other areas that require a knowledge and understanding of earthquake engineering and disaster risk management/mitigation principles.
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Extensive work experience covering related areas will be considered.
For information, please see the website listed below.
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
24 Feb 2017